Illustrator, podcaster and mental health advocate Jennifer Lyn is here on Creative Queso and I am pumped! Jenipher firmly believes that the more honest encouragement there is in this world the better. In the creative industry we need as much of that as we can get. Her whimsical drawings, doodles and lettering are always affirming and adorable. She has an entire book called Find Your Rainbow – the title describes her one woman encouragement mission perfectly. Jenipher is also the host of a podcast called Rainy Day Diaries where she has real conversations about metal wellness with other members of the illustrator community. I can’t wait to taco all about it this Tuesday!
Website: Jenipher Lyn
- IG: @jenipherlyn
- Facebook: @nightlydoodles
- You Tube: @jenipherlyn
- Podcast: Rainy Day Diaries – Instagram and iTunes
- Book: Find Your Rainbow
1) What is the best advice you could give someone about the business of being creative and the creativity behind running business?
Your worth is NOT determined by how much money you make or how many “likes” you get. You are awesome just by being uniquely YOU!
2) Do you have a favorite place to go for business advice? Mentor group, book, website?
I have a few amazing friends who are also busy mama’s while also trying to change the world with their business’. I feel SO grateful to have them!
3) Besides Creative Queso what are your favorite podcasts?
4) How do you prevent creative burn out?
I’m really terrible at it but taking breaks can be SUPER helpful. Since my work week went from 40-60 hrs a week to maybe 10? I’m even WORSE at taking breaks. But WALKS are so so so helpful! Taking fun breaks on the weekends to make breakfast with my family, go on adventures, and eat delicious things help!
5) What is something your business could not live without?
Cookies!! And the drive to help others not have to go through the hardships I have gone through. That’s the underlying FORCE for all of my businesses! <3
6) What are some of your favorite Instagram feeds?
7) Tell us a piece of surprising trivia about yourself or your business.
I started my first business when I was 9 selling jewelry to my mom’s friends. I haven’t stopped being an entrepreneur since! I also have no sense of smell!
8) Do you use a paper planner full of stickers and washi tape or are you a Google calendar kinda guy or gal?
I am 100% a paper person. I have a few different ones for different projects. I just won a Japanese planner from agent, Jennifer Nelson and it’s the perfect size to put in my purse with my sketchbook and pencil case! And i LOVEEEEE stickers!
9) When you are working do you listen/watch podcasts, music, audio books, Netflix or do you like dead silence like a total weirdo?
10) If I came to see you where would we go for queso?
We live in the CUTEST little town in Florida. It looks like a Gilmore Girls town. I would bring you to Casa Tina to get the Queso Fundido. It’s a little expensive, so we’ll get that, plantains and a side of beans and rice and TA DA! Cheap dinner!
How can you not love someone who has a mission of making things better for other people. We need more people like Jenipher Lyn in this world!
If you enjoyed this interview be sure to check out…
- Taco About It Tuesday With Ariel Garneau of PMQ For Two
- Creative Queso Podcast Episode #16 with Ann Shen
- Taco About It Tuesday With Ellie Klum of Klum house